This 2 day explores Hang Tien and the largest cave in the Tu Lan region, the newly discovered Hang Tien 2.
From the base in Tan Hoa, (about 1,5 hours from the Easy Tiger) you will head out to explore Hang Ruc in then trek upriver to your campsite near Hang Tien 1 adjacent to a freshwater spring that is great for a swim.
The team will prepare a filling barbecue dinner at the camp and the following morning you head out to conquer Hang Tien 1 before exploring Hang Tien 2, seeing the immense formations and large passages. There is a jungle trek between the 2 caves.
Have a picnic lunch and trek out to the road before heading back to base camp for a shower ahead of the return journey to Phong Nha.
Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Hang Ruc – Hang Tien 1 – Hang Tien 2 – Tan Hoa – Phong Nha
- 8km trekking over 2 days
- Rocky terrain with boulders, river crossings
- 5,5km caving
- Optional swim in freshwater spring at campsite
Moderate – This tour is accessible to those who are physically fit and have trekking experience
What to bring:
- 2 x Long shirt and trousers and good trekking shoes
- Close weave trekking socks (not ankle socks)
- A change of clothing for camp and after tour, sandals
- Personal items, sunscreen, hat, insect repellent
- All meals and drinking water
- All entrance fees, transport, guide and porters
- All camping and caving equipment and safety gear
Tues, Thurs, Sat. Max 8 pax
Not available mid-September to mid-November
Tour departs at 7.30 am returns 6:30pm
Children under 16 are not able to participate in this trek
This tour has a strict cancellation policy. You must arrive in Phong Nha and pay for the tour by 6pm the night before departure