This tour departs early and returns late and is a big day of cave exploring in the Tu Lan Region. From the base in Tan Hoa, (about 1,5 hours from the Easy Tiger) you will head out to explore this spectacular cave. The trek extends for 3km through fields and forest before becoming more rocky and challenging as you approach the cave.
Enjoy a barbecue lunch in the cave entrance before you explore the length of Hang Tien.
See spectacular rimstone pools and incredible swirling stone will captivate you as you enter the cave. Climb a ladder to the high chamber to the far exit.
Return to the entrance via a different route then head back to the freshwater spring that you passed on your way in. Enjoy a coffee and a swim before heading back to base camp for a shower ahead of the return journey to Phong Nha.
Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Hang Tien – Tan Hoa – Phong Nha
- 4km walking, the last km is rocky with boulders
- 4km caving
- Optional swim in freshwater spring
Moderate – This tour is very accessible to those who are physically active and have trekking experience
What to bring:
- Long shirt and trousers and good trekking shoes
- Close weave trekking socks (not ankle socks)
- A change of clothing for after tour
- Personal items, sunscreen, hat, insect repellent
- Barbecue lunch and drinking water
- All entrance fees, transport, guide and porters
- All caving equipment and safety gear
4 departures a week. Max 8 pax
Not available mid-September to mid-November
Tour departs at 7.00 am returns 7:30pm
Children under 16 are not able to participate in this trek
This tour has a strict cancellation policy. You must arrive in Phong Nha and pay for the tour by 6pm the night before departure