This one day tour is a taste of the Tu Lan system, about an hour and a half from Phong Nha. It includes trekking, caving and swimming.
Your day starts in the base camp in Tan Hoa village before you set out enjoying the landscape of the farmlands to reach the Rao Nan River. You will see the beautiful formations in a dry cave called Hang Chuot, then swim through Hung Ton Cave to reach the To Mo Valley, where the team will prepare you a delicious barbecue lunch in the jungle. You are free to swim during the lunch break in the lake in To Mo Valley.
Then take on the jungle and karst peaks to make your way back to the base camp in Tan Hoa for return to Phong Nha.
If time is short or you are not up to overnight camping in the jungle then the one day tour is the best way to get a small taste of the beautiful area of Tu Lan.
Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Rao Nan River.- Hang Chuot (Rat Cave) – Hung Ton Cave – To Mo – Tan Hoa – Phong Nha
- 9km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
- Elevation change up to 150m (between valley and top of mountain)
- 100m swimming in caves
- 1 km caving
Medium – requires some fitness and stamina for periods of steep trekking and caving, including swimming
What to bring:
- Long shirt and trousers and good trekking shoes
- Close weave trekking socks (not ankle socks)
- Personal items, swimwear, camera, water bottle
- A change of clothing for after tour
- BBQ lunch, water, caving equipment
- All entrance fees, transport, guide and porters
Monday through Saturday 7.00am returning 6:30pm
1,800,000 VND/person. Min 2, Max 8 pax
This tour is not available from Mid-September to Mid-November
Strict cancellation policy applies. You must arrive in Phong Nha and pay for the tour by 6pm the night before departure